- The personal data that we will collect
- Use of collected data
- Who has access to the data collected
- The rights of users of the platform
- The platform’s cookies policy
This policy complies with the laws set out in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
Users agree that by using our platform they consent to:
- the collection, use and retention of the data listed in this policy.
Personal data we collect
Data collected automatically
When you visit and use our platform, we may automatically collect and store the following information:
- IP adress
- Hardware and software details shared on the platform
- Links that a user clicks while using the platform
- Content that the user views on the platform
Data collected in a non-automatic way
We may also collect the following data when you perform certain functions on our platform:
- To. First and last name
- Date of Birth
- Phone number
- Information shared on the platform related to your health condition
This data may be collected using the following methods:
- Account creation
- Information disseminated on the profile and the news feed
- Shared data for telemedicine subscription
- Data shared when shopping on the online store
- Shared data for subscription and browsing on the dating site
(see terms and policies of the dating site)
How we use personal data
Personal data collected on our platform will be used only for the purposes specified in this policy or indicated on the relevant pages of our platform. We will not use your data beyond what we disclose.
The data we collect automatically is used for the following purposes:
- Statistical analysis
- Product and service development
The data we collect when the user performs certain functions may be used for the following purposes:
- Statistical analysis
- Product and service development
Who we share personal data with
We may disclose User Data to any member of our organization that they reasonably need to achieve the purposes set out in this policy.
We may share user data with the following third parties:
- Akira by Telus Health and that for telemedicine services
- Ostomy equipment sales companies
- Subcontracting companies that collaborate with Stomaltern for the maintenance and proper functioning of the platform.
Third parties will not be able to access user data beyond what is reasonably necessary to achieve the given purpose.
We undertake not to sell or share your data with other third parties, except in the following cases:
- if the law requires it
- if it is required for any legal proceedings
- to prove or protect our legal rights
- to buyers or potential buyers of this company in the event that we seek to sell the company
Hyperlinks and Viruses
Stomaltern does not guarantee that your computer system will be compatible with its platform, so your use of it will be at your own risk. It is your duty to secure and protect your computer system from viruses, horse threes etc. If you follow hyperlinks from our platform to another site or platform, please note that we are not responsible for and have no control over their content. We cannot guarantee that these sites or platforms will be free of viruses. We also have no control over their privacy policies and practices, although we carefully select our partners and collaborators.
How long we store personal data
We do not store user data beyond what is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected.
How we protect your personal data
All data stored in our system is well secured and can only be accessed by our employees. Our employees are bound by strict confidentiality agreements and breach of this agreement would result in the employee’s termination.
While we take all reasonable precautions to ensure that our user data is secure and that users are protected, there always remains the risk of harm. The Internet as a whole can be insecure at times and therefore we are unable to guarantee the security of user data beyond what is reasonably practical.
By agreeing to use the platform, you warrant that you are the age of majority in your territory of residence or are the legal guardian of a dependent. Minors must have the consent of a legal representative for their data to be collected, processed and used.
Your rights as a user
As a user, you have the right to access all of your personal data that we have collected. In addition, you have the right to update or correct any personal data in our possession provided it is acceptable under the law.
You can choose to withdraw or change your consent to the collection and use of data at any time, provided it is legally acceptable to do so and you notify us within a reasonable time.
How to modify, delete or contest the data collected
If you would like your information to be removed or changed in any way, please contact our Privacy Officer here: email@example.com
A cookie is a small file, stored on a user’s hard drive by the website or platform. Its purpose is to collect data relating to the user’s browsing habits.
We use the following types of cookies on our platform:
- Functional cookies
We use them to remember all the selections you make on our platform so that they are saved for your next visits.
- Analytical cookies
This allows us to improve the design and functionality of our platform by collecting data about the content you access and hang on to using our platform.
- Targeting cookies
These cookies collect data on how you use the platform and your preferences. This allows us to make the information you see on our platform more promotional and targeted to you.
You can choose to be notified each time a cookie is transmitted. You can also choose to disable cookies entirely in your internet browser, but this may decrease the quality of your user experience.
Third party cookies
We may use third-party cookies on our platform to achieve the following purposes:
- Facilitate your navigation on the platform
- Know your preferences and your surfing behavior on the internet.
- Offer suitable advertising
If you have any questions for us, please feel free to contact us using the following: firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective Date: November 24, 2021